20 Temmuz 2017 Perşembe

İngilizce Deyimler/ Weather Idioms

Today I will mention about weather idioms which are used commonly during speaking. Some people like to use idioms, when they speak. Idioms are generally used in speaking.

  Let’s start with these idioms;
First one is very popular it’s used for extreme raining. This idiom is remembered easily, when someone asks about weather idioms.
It’s raining cats and dogs; it’s raining very hard, it’s pouring.
I think I’m going to stay in today and read a book. It’s raining cats and dogs.
 As right as rain: to feel fine and healthy.
Don't worry about me; I'm as right as rain after my knee operation.
 To be under the weather: to feel sick or unhealthy
Are you coming to the party on Friday? Unfortunately not, I feel a bit under the weather so I want to stay in.
 When it rains, it pours: a lot of things go wrong at the same time.
  Break the ice: to say or do something to make someone feel relaxed or at ease in a social setting.
-to get a conversation started in a social situation, break the awkward silence when meeting someone new.
  Save it for a rainy day: keep something i.e. money for a time when it is needed.
I earned extra money babysitting my neighbor’s kids. I’ll save it for a rainy day.
 Calm before the storm: a quiet and peaceful time before something with great activity or difficulty happens.
When the day started out peacefully I knew it was just the calm before the storm. I was expecting a busy day at the office.

There are many weather idioms and I didn’t add other weather idioms. I just prefer the most used ones.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder